Electrical Engineering: UC Riverside
Use the checklist below to help plan your community college coursework.
You should also make use of the Transfer Admission Planner, an online tool designed to help prospective UC transfer students plan and track their progress.
Checklist: Electrical Engineering, B.S.
Applicants must fulfill UC minimum transfer requirements, and are selected on the basis of academic preparation. Admission is selective based on the GPA in all transferable course work with a minimum GPA of 2.8 and completion of required major preparation.
1. Courses required before transfer
You must complete the following major-preparation courses by the end of spring term prior to transfer, and have a GPA of 2.5 or better in the calculus sequence and in at least one additional sequence (e.g. general chemistry, second-year calculus or calculus-based physics).
- Calculus (full sequence with a GPA of 2.5 or better)
- Calculus-based physics (1 course)
- Computer science for science, math and engineering majors (C++)
- Machine organization and assembly language programming
- 3 additional courses from:
- Multivariable calculus
- Differential equations
- Introductory computer science for engineering majors
- Engineering Circuit Analysis II
- Additional calculus-based physics courses
2. Recommended courses
Take as many additional major-preparation courses from the list above as possible. Completing these before transfer makes you a more competitive applicant—and will help you graduate on time.
What about IGETC?
Lower division major preparation should be prioritized ahead of completion of IGETC or College breadth requirements. The Bourns College of Engineering accepts completion of IGETC as satisfying the majority of the college’s breadth requirements for transfer students. Some additional breadth coursework may be required after enrollment at Bourns.
Use ASSIST to make sure that every course you take is UC-transferable and helps you make progress towards your degree.
Some courses may count toward the seven-course pattern, general education requirements and major preparation.
Related majors at UC Riverside
- Bioengineering, B.S.
- Computer Engineering, B.S.
- Environmental Engineering, B.S.
- Materials Science and Engineering, B.S.
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.