Transcript submissions

If you're admitted for the fall term, you must have final, official transcripts (high school and/or college) sent to the admissions office. These transcripts must be postmarked or electronically submitted on or before July 1.

All other documents and exam scores must be submitted by July 15.

Admitted freshman applicants

You must arrange to have an official, final high school transcript (showing your date of graduation) and any college/university official transcripts sent to the campus where you plan to enroll. Unless a campus requests it, do not send a sixth- or seventh-semester transcript.

Admitted transfer applicants

You will be asked to submit official transcripts from all schools and colleges you have attended, including high school, regardless of your length of attendance or whether you believe the credit is transferable. Some campuses may request transcripts prior to admission.

Transcript information for applicants who have attended school outside the U.S.

Each academic record must list the:

  • dates you attended the institution
  • titles of courses and examinations you completed
  • grades (marks) you received
  • credit, hours or units earned
  • any degree or diploma you may have received

Because it may take some time for schools outside the United States to forward your records to UC, you are encouraged to have available legible photocopies of your official foreign academic records. Do not send transcripts at the time of application. After you submit your application, be prepared to send these copies to the admissions office at each campus to which you have applied, only upon their request. Official transcripts will be required at the campus you elect to attend.

UC recognizes that it may be difficult to obtain foreign records in the event of political upheaval or natural disaster. However, these situations are rare. Failure to provide official records may jeopardize your enrollment at UC.

Good to know

In the United States, the academic record is called a transcript. It may be called by another name, such as leaving certificate, maturity certificate, bachillerato or baccalauréat in your country.

Veterans & active-duty military

If you are admitted and have accepted an offer of admission, you can submit official military transcripts (e.g., ACE, SMAART) to your UC campus.

UC may award transfer credit for some of your military courses if the content was equivalent to a course taught at UC.